Jacob COLLING,1, 2, 3 was born in 1702 in Vianden, , , Luxembourg4, 5, 6, 7 and died in 1765 6 at age 63.
Another name for Jacob was Jacob KOLLING. 6
Ancestral File Number: 1JS8-SMR.
He has conflicting birth information of 30 Nov 1691.
Jacob was married 1720 and came from Vianden, but we don't know his relationship to Baptismal records: 30 Nov (1691) was born Maria Gerdinanda Isabella Colling from Francisco Colling, father, and Elisabetha Rosch, mother, legitimately married. Witnesses Maria Ferdinanda Isabella De Miller, and Joanna Jacobs Römer. Xeroxed from an old Church Book, now held at a census Office, Vianden, Luxembourg by Egon Colling in 1981. It was found in Vianden Standesamt, census office, Luxembourg, the Kircheb church Book. 14
Joachim GedCom - Jacob Colling was born at Vianden. He moved to Dasburg, which indicates that he might be related to a close or common ancestor also of the family group in Brazile whose ancestor came from the little village of Vianden. Jacob Colling the Founder of a US Colling "Dynasty," as one of his descendants emigrated to the US. See: http://www.collings-system.se/fam/5-usa/
There are many different families having the name Colling. Most of them have their earlier roots either in Durham county on the Northeast coast of England or in the Greater Luxembourg area including Elsace, Cologne, Belgium. There is Colling Family branches in Sweden, USA, Brazile, Germany, France etc. originating in Greater Luxembourg. However, it is believed that the families originally came from England via Cornwall. If this is true: Who came? When? are questions to be answered. If you have thoughts on this subject and even better if you can contribute names I should be very thankful. Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Could this be Jacob's brother?
III Band (Volume) Blatt (Page) 116: A Johann Colling married Agnes Schalz, m. in Vianden:
Trauungs Register: 1, 10, 13; Datum der Trauung: Jahr; 1729, Mon.___, Tag 16; Namen der Getrauten: Johann mit Agnes Schalz m. Vianden; ? ___; Kinder: m.__ , w.__ ; Familienname: Colling
Wedding Register: 1, 10, 13; Date of Wedding: Year 1729, Month ___, Day 16; Name of those married: Johann and Agnes Schalz m. Vianden; ? ___; Children: none listed; Family Name: Colling 8
1. Family Histories - Typed pages (23) (Compiler: Lucille's collection).
2. 1880 United States Federal Census, Submitter: Lois, 1880 Census search
3. The Colling Family in America, Jerry D. Colling, M.D. (Obtained from Evelyn), Volume
.....1, pg 2.
4. Ancestrial Files at LDS Family History Center, Salt Lake City, Utah or Mesa, AZ, <1698>.
5. GEDCOM - Newman line, Submitter: howard@ocsmcc on Ancestry. com (URL:
.....ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=DESC&db=rgeihsler&id=I1027), abt 1698.
6. Chart - Colling Decendent, Compiler: Martin Colling, Egon Colling, Jerry Colling and
7. The Colling Family in America, Jerry D. Colling, M.D. (Obtained from Evelyn), place
.....only -Volume 1, pg 2; Volume 5, pg 10.
8. GEDCOM - Joachim (URL: http://home.pi.se/collings-system/fam/a-fam-us.htm
9. The Colling Family in America, Jerry D. Colling, M.D. (Obtained from Evelyn), Volume
.....1, pg 2; Volume 3, pg 8; Volume 5, pg 10.
10. Colling Family Tree - Jerry's D. Colling, (corrected 24 Dec 1983).
11. The Colling Family in America, Jerry D. Colling, M.D. (Obtained from Evelyn),
.....Volume 1, pg 2; Volume 5, pg 10.
12. Chart - Colling Decendent, Compiler: Martin Colling, Egon Colling, Jerry Colling and
.....Bradly Colling, place only.
13. Family Histories - Typed pages (23) (Compiler: Lucilles collection), place only.
14. Family Histories - Egon Colling contributions, Red. Date: Dec 1990