George SHIFFLER 1, 2, 3, 4 was born 11 Jan 1827 in , , Pennsylvania, USA, 1, 4 died 2 Sep 1894 in Indianola, Red Willow, Nebraska, USA 1, 4 at age 67, and was buried in Indianola, Red Willow,
He worked as a landowner, listed as "Farm At". 7
General Notes: Approximate location of farm - in the Lisle township just East of Naperville
Listed in the 1860 census Sec. 29 or 30 on property shown on an 1874 map to be owned by J. Meisinger or Adam Gesner. Listed in the 1860 census between Taylor estate and Daniel Royer. George is listed as "Far. Agt." Naperville Map shows property owned by H. SHIFFLER 5, 6
Brother Bede has spoken with Shifflers and Erbs in the Naperville area, but none with common ancestors. There is an Erb cemetery there.
George married Elizabeth MEYER, daughter of George MEYER and Elizabeth ERB, 23 Oct 1856 in, Du Page, Illinois, USA. 8, 9 Elizabeth was born 25 Nov 1835 in , , Pennsylvania, USA,1, 4 died 20 Nov 1883 in Indianola, Red Willow, Nebraska, USA 4 at age 47, and was buried in Indianola, Red Willow, Nebraska, USA.
Other names for Elizabeth were Elizabeth MOYER, 1, 3, 11 Elizabeth MOEYER, 12 and Eliza MOYER, 4
They had one known daughter: Mary Ann.
Copy of Marriage License, of DuPage County: 5, 6
Marriage License: Affidavit State of Illinois, DuPage County: George Klein being duly sworn deposes and says that Elizabeth Meyer is above the age of 18 years and that he makes this Affidavit upon application for a Marriage License for George Shiffler & Elizabeth Meyer. Subscribed & sworn to before me this 22nd day of Oct 1886.
John P Kreamer
Marriage License, State of Illinois, DuPage County, The People of the State of Illinois To any Person legally authorized to solemnize Marriage, Greeting: You are hereby authorized to join in the Holy Bands of Matrimony and to celebreate the sites and ceremonies of Marriage between Mr. George Shiffler and Miss Elizabeth Meyer, of DuPage county,and this shall be your good and sufficient warrant; and you are required to return this License to me within thirty days from the celebration of such Marriage, with a certificate of the same endorsed thereon and signed by you. In testunony whereof, I have hereunto set my hand and the seal of the County Court of said county, this 22nd day of Oct. A.D. 1856 signe Meyroul Dudley ____________________________________________________ DuPageCounty, Illinois October 23rd, 1856I, John P Kreamen a Minister of the gospel hereby certify that on this day I joined in Marriage Mr. Gorge Shiffler and M Elizabeth Meyer agreeably to the authority given in the above License. John P Kreamen 13
1. Colling Family Tree - Jerry's D. Colling, Jerry D. Colling (corrected 24 Dec 1983).
2. Marriage License - Shiffler, Shiffler Marriage License (Issued - 10/22/1856, Location: Du Page County, IL).
3. Evelyn's Collection, Compiler: Evelyn, Mathias Colling Family Group Record.
4. Colling Family in America, Jerry D. Colling, M.D. (Obtained from Evelyn), Volume 1, pg. 3.
5. Letter - Dec 1983 Christmas, Jerry D. Colling, pg. 20.
6. Ibid, pg. 18A.
8. Colling Family Tree - Jerry's D. Colling, Jerry D. Colling (corrected 24 Dec 1983), date & IL.
9. Marriage License - Shiffler, Shiffler Marriage License (Issued - 10/22/1856, Location: Du Page County, IL), all.
10. Colling Family in America, Jerry D. Colling, M.D. (Obtained from Evelyn), Volume 1, pg. 16.
11. Marriage License - Shiffler, Shiffler Marriage License (Issued - 10/22/1856 Location: Du Page County, IL), on signature.
12. Ibid, on application.
13. Letter - Dec 1983 Christmas, Jerry D. Colling, pg. 20.